Friday, March 26

Finally I decided that i'm gonna write one too. This is my first weblog. So limit your expectations. Now that i have made up my mind to write one, what would i write up on ? was the big question running on my mind. The first one sparkled on my mind was

The Four best things I'm missing , being here in US


1. My Bike
Oh ! I miss riding my bike here. I used to love it. I have a Hero Honda passion and used it to go anywhere and everywhere in Madras, even if I want to go to a friends house in next street I used it. Even though riding it in Madras traffic sucks, eventhough there would be a black layer of carbon over the skin in my face and arms, eventhough riding on a summer noon used to kill me, eventhough i had a accident without any fault of mine, eventhough I went to a courtroom, hearing someone shouting my name 3 times Amarnath !! Amarnath !! Amarnath !!, I miss riding my bike.

2. Indian Sweets
I loooooooooooooooooovve sweets. I would die for sweets. My mouth always tell the brain to stop! enjoy ! and proceed ! when I'm passing by a good sweet stall in Madras. Shree Mittai in Spur Tank road and Agarwal Bhavan in Bose road are my favoutire. I wonder how many varities of sweets and chat items are there in India. There must be atleast a million. I should not forget to mention about the home made sweets, Oh god ! I want to go back to madras right now.

3. Cinemas
Although I'm watching 3 to 4 movies (mostly english) every week, I miss watching tamil movies on the big screen. Trying to watch the movie on the first day of release with lot of friends seated together shouting and screaming. It looks somewhat foolish now when I watch silent english cinema halls, But I'm still missing that fun. Watching the movie before some of the friends watching them, before anybody tells the story and stoping them from telling the story of the movie, first day first show are the things that I miss a lot.

4. Cricket
Being a great fan of Sachin Tendulkar its really hard being here and missing all his innings. The worst fact is that Sachin might stop playing 3 r 4 years from now. So I'm missing some of his important innings. I felt this even last week when he made 141 against pakistan. Still worst is the fact that I was not able to watch the Australian series for which I was in India, because of the CAS confusion. I really miss the game and the excitement that prevails among the people of all ages in India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home