Friday, January 7

Prevention is better than cure...

The place where I live is on a flood alert. Though I think the chances are certainly low, I'm just amazed by the precautions these people take here. All schools and community centers are closed. Flood warnings everywhere. Due to heavy rain, the county water company has asked everyone to boil the water for 3 mins before they consume them. This had been the flash news in all radio and television channels for the past two days. Not only that, every office complex has got a email, which got forwarded to all, asking everyone to boil the water before consumption. Its 'BOIL THE WATER" - everywhere. Placards and stick-ons near every water fountain in my office building makes me feel ashamed of the life we live in India. We take everything for granted. Don't we..?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home