Tuesday, July 20

I miss you !!!

From day one of landing here in US, I some how developed an aversion with this place. Except for very few things I never liked this place. Although everything is here in surplus both quality and quantity wise, I have cultivated a strange kind of feeling, about living here, which I’m not able to explain. I'm pretty sure this is neither the "not happy with what one has" feeling.
 
Missing family and friends might be one reason. More than any one else, missing my mom a lot. Missing those hot Chennai roads, Spencers Plaza and Besant Nagar beach. There are bigger malls and best roads here, but I still miss my Chennai. That’s why, may be people tell “kenathu meen kadala uyir vaaladhu”(fish from pond will not survive in sea water).  There’s a little boy in me who keeps  crying that he wants to go back to India as soon as he could. I’ld like to quote the lines of a song from my favorite ARR-Vairamuthu combo-
 
“Kanthal aanalum Thaai madi poal oru sugam Varumaa Varumaa
Sorgam endraalum sondha oor poal oru sudhandhiram Varumma Varumma”
 
Even though I have everything here,  I feel empty. I miss you Chennai. 
 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home