Saturday, June 5

My NYC trip

I was on a trip to Niagara and New York City last weekend. I drove with my roommate Arun from Toledo to Sriram’ house in Buffalo. It’s a 6 hours drive from my place to Sriram’s. Driving on the freeways in US has always fascinated me so much. One will be inside a cool car generally one year or two years old, running at speed of 75-90m/hr(120-140km/hr). I always love to drive on the freeways. Roads smooth like a runway and woods on either side, no wonder one will fall asleep while driving. But luckily I didn’t. From Buffalo two other friends accompanied us and we all went to the mighty Niagara falls. I must thank god for I’m so lucky to see the beauty of Niagara falls for the second time. Sriram must be more blessed for he is visiting the falls for the 9th or 10th time. Then we started driving to NewYork City. The two days which I spent in NewYork City were the best and unforgettable for me. The most fascinating thing were all five of us had never been to NYC, so exploring everything with use of maps were real fun.


The best part of the trip was the statue of Liberty. I was stunned by the magnanimity of the statue and it beauty. Another best place was the Times Square. The lights flashing in the night time , plasma screens and people all over makes the place simply extravagant. Next was the Empire State Building, regarded to be a wonder of the world. I was surprised to see the speed in which the elevator soared up to 86th floor in a few seconds. I also got to see Ground Zero, NYSE, Wall Street, Ellis Island. Even Madras will not be so crowded lik NYC. It was a wonderful trip altogether. I got to meet my friend Sriram and spend time with him. I’m blessed to see all these places. I must thank god for all these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home