Sunday, May 1

Anniyan Songs - A quick review

Anniyan Sogs are out. Personally this album is a most awaited one of the year, for the reason that Shankar replaced my favourite ARR with Harris. So I was expecting that Harris Jeyaraj will at any cost come up with an album to fill the void created by the absence of ARR for Shankar. Did he succeed in that...read below

1. The first song in the Album is 'Kaadhal Yaanai' and personally my best song in the Album. A perfect song for a DJ or a party night. The songs makes you feel like you want to get up and dance. I would expect a very picturaisation with special dance performance for this song. Lets wait and watch, what Shankars contribution for the same. The things which I dont like about this song is the usual Harris falvor of a solo voice....

2. My next favourite is the 'Iyengar Veetu Alaghe'. Obviously the reason behind it is the majestic voice of Hariharan and Harini. For the guys, who are behind iyengar girls, there's a song for you from Harris. But the girl should be like Sadha, for this song to be sung at her. The pallavi where the lyrics read 'Un poal azhagi pirakavum illai, innemeal pirunthal athu nam pillai', I could not stop laughing. This a bit too much for Sahdha, if that is how the song is picturised.

3. Next comes the 'Kannum Kannum Nokia'. Another fast beat song. Sounds monotonous. Nothing new except for Leslies Lewis voice. This is his forst time in Tamil. He has done a great job, as expected. I almost felt Vasundhra should try some different songs.

4. I saw some reviews appreciating 'Andan Kaakha' song. Its again a fast song, which did not impress me a lot. Especiallu the voice of Jazie Gift just irritates me. Shrey ahas done a good job as usual.

5. 'Kumari En Kadhal' comes next. Again Harini has done a very good job. Nothing great abou the music. Shankar Mahadevan has modulated is voice to sound like a bhagavathar singing with 'vethalai-paaku' in his mouth.


Now, the question is Did Harris accomplish the job vested upon him? I would say he has tried his best. I personally think, Shankar will miss ARR a lot. Remember all the albums of his previous movies with ARR, they are just uncomparable. I dont want to make a mistake of comparing this album with ARRs. Its a neat one from Harris. Thats all I have to say. The one song 'Kaahdal Yaanai' will compel me to buy the CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home